Recently updated to include discussion of new FASB standards on leases, financial instruments, and other recent FASB pronouncements, this course is designed for small and medium-sized business practitioners and their staff, whether in public accounting or business and industry. The course will provide you with a comprehensive review of recent FASB accounting and reporting matters most relevant to smaller companies including: Private Company Standard Setting activities; Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) recently issued and the FASB’s current technical agenda; Lease Accounting; new ASUs dealing with financial instruments; and a discussion of lessons learned on maintenance best practices related to Topic 606 on revenue. Lastly, the course will review the implementation of other recent ASUs, with a focus on practical and efficient implementation of these new standards.
- Be familiar with recent private company standard setting activities
- Review recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates that relate to small and medium-sized businesses
- Review the FASB’s recently issued lease accounting standard
- Understand the changes coming with the FASB’s new financial instruments standards
- Be aware of other important practice matters
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
Experience in financial accounting and reporting