GSCPA Hurricane Disaster Relief Resources
The Georgia Society wants to assist and serve you as hurricane season bares down upon us and our neighbors. GSCPA has compiled a list of resources and helpful links to guide you both as a trusted advisor for your clients and also to assist you as a possible victim.
We will continue to update this page as additional resources and assistance become available.
Disaster Relief Resources – Tax
- *UPDATED* Department of Revenue Extends Relief to Victims of Hurricane Irma
- IRS Provides Special Relief to Encourage Leave-Based Donation Programs for Victims of Hurricane and Tropical Storm Irma
- Department of Revenue Extends Relief to Victims of Hurricane Irma
- Retirement Plans Can Make Loans, Hardship Distributions to Victims of Hurricane Irma
- IRS Gives Tax Relief to Victims of Hurricane Irma; Extension Filers Have Until Jan. 31 to File
- IRS Notice 2017-148 (Partnerships receiving extension for those affected by Hurricanes)
- As Hurricane Irma Threatens, IRS Urges Taxpayers to Prepare for Hurricanes, Floods and Other Disasters
- IRS: Help for Victims of Hurricane Harvey
- IRS Publication 2194, Disaster Resource Guide for Individuals and Businesses (PDF)
- IRS Disaster Relief Resource Center for Tax Professionals
- IRS Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesses
- IRS Tax Relief for Disaster Situations
- DOR to Waive IRP/IFTA Requirements Due to Hurricanes
In addition to the above resources, the AICPA Tax Section has unlocked important disaster-related content on aicpa.org in an effort to help tax practitioners prepare their clients and communities for the aftermath of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.