Thank you for your on-demand purchase! Due to the growth in popularity of these courses, we have simplified the purchase and viewing processes. Although there is no test for on-demand courses, attendance is monitored and recorded for CPE credit. Each course has multiple checkpoints that need to be clicked for full credit. Sessions are available for 365 days from the date of purchase and include ematerials provided by the instructor. You may stop and start the presentation as needed, with the flexibility to log in at a later date and continue your learning session.
After purchasing, you will be able to access your on-demand course by following these steps:
Learn how to build PivotTables, group data inside PivotTables, and how to create user-defined calculations, as well as advanced techniques, including how to build PivotTables that consolidate data from multiple data ranges and PivotTables dynamically connected to external databases and financial accounting systems. Additionally, you will learn how to take advantage of other Excel features associated with PivotTables, including Slicers, Power Query, and Power Pivot.
- Log in to www.gscpa.org.
- Click on the 'My GSCPA' drop down menu and select 'My On-Demand.'
- Find the On-Demand course you want to take and click on the title of the edition to launch 'My Classroom'. There, you will find the “View Now” button to begin watching the program, as well as the ematerials that can be downloaded as a PDF.
- Complete the course at your convenience, then return to ‘My Classroom’ to submit credit.
- Your credit submission will be reviewed and added to your GSCPA CPE Transcript within one month.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the six main elements of a PivotTable report and their use when creating PivotTables
- Create PivotTables and manipulate data in PivotTables using grouping techniques, modified Field Settings, user-defined calculations, and sorting and filtering options
- Import and link data from external data sources into PivotTables; additionally, use Tables and Data Models as data sources for PivotTables
- Create Consolidation PivotTables to consolidate data from multiple data sources in Excel
- Construct PivotTables in enterprise-class organizations using Power Pivot and Slicers
- Analyze data in PivotTables using tools and techniques, such as sorting, filtering, Excel's GETPIVOTDATA function, and PivotCharts
- Apply specific PivotTable techniques to solve problems in areas of PivotTable formatting, creating multiple PivotTables from a single data source, grouping PivotTable data into fiscal reporting periods, and keeping PivotTable row order intact