GSCPA’s continuing education and professional training programs cover the timeliest topics, presenting a broad range of subjects and addressing the needs and interests of all GSCPA members. GSCPA education programs deliver in-depth knowledge in a variety of formats that cater to your preferred style of learning.
Membership in The Georgia Society of CPAs offers many professional and personal benefits. No matter what area of the profession you have chosen, GSCPA is focused on providing you with the tools, resources and savings to take your career to the next level.
As the voice of the CPA profession in Georgia, GSCPA continually looks out for its members’ interests before regulatory and legislative bodies.
GSCPA closely monitors the news and trends that affect CPAs and the business community. As a GSCPA member, interact with almost 14,000 professional peers in Georgia and expand your network. GSCPA offers numerous opportunities to link with current and potential colleagues and share information on best practices.
Your Membership Home. Update your Personal and Company Profile, view Your CPE Transcript or Calendar, search the Membership Directory and Pay Your Dues.
Thank you for your membership with The Georgia Society of CPAs! The Society is happy to present the Membership Appreciation Conference to those that renewed prior to June, 2021. The sessions will be uploaded Early August. Thank you for your patience
He has 20 years of experience and prior to joining Grant Thornton worked at a big four firm. Some of Mark’s specific service capabilities include:
• Advising clients in all areas of employee benefits, including particular experience in the areas of defined benefit pension plans, ESOPs, 401(k), 403(b) and 457(b) plans, general welfare benefits and fringe benefit matters, including design, ERISA compliance, administration, vendor searches, annual reporting returns, compliance diagnostic reviews and self-correction processes.
• Compensation benchmarking, executive compensation, equity compensation plan design and compliance, incentive compensation plan design and IRC section 409A compliance design/review
• Interaction with the IRS and the Department of Labor to resolve examinations and notices in relation to employee benefit plans
• Re-design and restructuring of HR processes and benefits (pension, health care, leave administration, etc.) to achieve efficiencies and manage liabilities. This has included freezing or terminating defined benefit pension plans, involving PBGC and related regulatory issues.
• Human resources integration planning, design and support, including comparative benefits analysis, plan mergers/terminations, health care cost containment, plan re-design and vendor selection/coordination
Mark has worked with organizations in such industries as K-12 public schools, tax-exempt organizations, insurance, banking, natural resources, manufacturing, healthcare, and utilities. He is a long-standing member of the AICPA Tax Division’s Employee Benefits Technical Resource Panel.
Mark received his B.A. in Political Science and Juris Doctor degrees from the University of Kansas. He received his LL.M (Taxation) degree from the University of Missouri/Kansas City, and is a graduate of the Southwestern Graduate School of Banking at Southern Methodist University. He has published articles on benefits topics in numerous professional journals and is a frequent speaker on benefits topics