GSCPA’s continuing education and professional training programs cover the timeliest topics, presenting a broad range of subjects and addressing the needs and interests of all GSCPA members. GSCPA education programs deliver in-depth knowledge in a variety of formats that cater to your preferred style of learning.
Membership in The Georgia Society of CPAs offers many professional and personal benefits. No matter what area of the profession you have chosen, GSCPA is focused on providing you with the tools, resources and savings to take your career to the next level.
As the voice of the CPA profession in Georgia, GSCPA continually looks out for its members’ interests before regulatory and legislative bodies.
GSCPA closely monitors the news and trends that affect CPAs and the business community. As a GSCPA member, interact with almost 14,000 professional peers in Georgia and expand your network. GSCPA offers numerous opportunities to link with current and potential colleagues and share information on best practices.
Your Membership Home. Update your Personal and Company Profile, view Your CPE Transcript or Calendar, search the Membership Directory and Pay Your Dues.
Gary Marsh focuses on general commercial litigation and bankruptcy, workouts and debtor/creditor law. He represents creditors and debtors in Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings, out of court restructurings and debtor/creditor litigation. He also represents court appointed receivers, examiners and trustees.
Mr. Marsh has extensive experience in representing creditors in and out of bankruptcy court in enforcing their rights and remedies. He also analyzes and defends against preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, represents buyers of assets out of bankruptcy and represents landlords and other parties who have leases or contracts with debtors.
Georgia Trend selected him as one of Georgia's "Legal Elite" and Atlanta Magazine named him one of Georgia's "Super Lawyers," and a "Top 100 Super Lawyer" in 2007 and 2012. Mr. Marsh is a fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy and has been included in The Best Lawyers in America andChambers USA as one of America's Leading Business Lawyers in Bankruptcy law. And he was recognized in 2013 by the Georgia chapter of the Turnaround Management Association for his outstanding turnaround work.
Mr. Marsh is Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy and Creditor's Rights by the American Board of Certification.
• Representation of debtor in connection with plan of reorganization of ethanol company.
• Representation of debtor in connection with plan of reorganization involving high end golf country clubs.
• Representation of secured creditor owed $4.1 billion.
• Representation of secured creditor owed $12.5 million secured by an apartment complex in single asset real estate bankruptcy case.
• Representation of secured creditor owed $88 million in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of regional convenience store chain.
• Representation of secured creditor owed $80 million in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of large shopping center developer.
• Representation of secured creditor owed $40 million in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of hotel operator.
• Representation of large unsecured creditor in four separate Chapter 11 bankruptcies of natural gas marketers.
• Representation of Chapter 11 and 7 Trustee in liquidation of construction company.
• Representation of defendant in $5 million preference and fraudulent conveyance action in which we obtained a directed verdict in favor of defendant at trial.
• Representation of bank holding $8 million claim in a Chapter 11 apartment complex case involving issues of hazardous waste and allegations of lender liability.
• Representation of bond trustee with respect to numerous assisted living, independent living and nursing home properties in receivership and foreclosure actions.
• Representation of unsecured creditors with reclamation clams and other issues.
• Representation of landlord and other parties to executory contracts.