As long as LLCs, partnerships, and S corporations form the backbone of many CPAs’ practices, in-depth knowledge of all tax aspects of these entities will be essential. Focus on planning issues in creating, operating, and liquidating S corporations, partnerships and LLCs. This course is necessary for CPAs in public accounting and industry who advise these entities or their investors.
- Identify current issues that practitioners are most often called on to address
- Be familiar with planning techniques employed in dealing with the life cycle of pass-through entities
- Distinguish the roles S corporations and partnerships/LLCs play in the changing tax environment
- Evaluate the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and the related regulations on pass-through entities
- Identify planning opportunities under current laws and regulations
- Be familiar with the results of the case studies that reinforce key learning points
A basic course in partnership theory and S corporation theory